Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Being Strong.

I just saw a picture on FB that a friend of mine posted:


Something about this made me cry. Not in a bad way though... But it brings up a lot of emotion in me.

It's a gentle reminder to me of how broken I've been, but also a reminder of those who have stuck by my side.

This picture fills me with such gratitude for my closest friends who have been there for me to rant to, to cry on, to lean on...

This picture is a reminder to me that I don't always have to try to be so strong, because there are others who are willing to be strong for me.

I don't always have to be patient, because there are others who are willing to be patient with me.

I don't have to be silent, because there are others who are willing to listen to me.

There are others who are willing to step up when I can't stand on my own.

When I've been deeply hurt, never have I been left to deal with it on my own. There has always been someone there beside me.

I may be damaged and broken, but never beyond repair.

I may have scars from past hurts, but they are reminders of how much I am so loved by those around me.

And that is a true blessing right there :)

No comments:

Post a Comment