Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Tomato Basil Pasta

12 ounces pasta
1 can (15oz) diced tomatoes with liquid
1 large sweet onion, julienned
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
2 tsp dried oregano
2 sprigs basil, chopped
4.5 cups vegetable broth
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Parmesan cheese for garnish

Throw all the ingredients in a large pot; cover and bring to a boil. Reduce to a low simmer, keep covered, and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes or so. Cook until almost all liquid has evaporated. Serve garnished with Parmesan cheese.

I found this recipe on Facebook today, copied from Getting Healthy & Staying Healthy. Looks pretty cool, and it smells AMAZING with the fresh basil chopped up (thanks roomy!!!)

I did have to tweet it a bit, because of the ingredients I have in my house. For one, I have no soup stock (SHOCK!!!), so I'm using some chicken bouillon. I just added the necessary water to the pot, and I'm currently waiting for it to boil before I add the bouillon.

I also don't have any red pepper flakes on hand, so they're not getting added. Which is alright for me anyways, I imagine this dish to be quite savoury, and I don't want to put any spicy heat in to take away from the savour.

(Here is where I go and finish cooking...)

And back! HOLY CRAP THIS DISH IS DELICIOUS!!!! I think it's the fresh basil that really does it! Wow!!! And it's seriously sooooo simple! Throw everything into the pot, and let it cook itself!

Also, there's a really great lightning storm happening right outside my bedroom window, so I took out the screen and got some nice shots of it. I haven't connected my camera to this new computer yet, and it's just after midnight as I type this, so I'm not gonna do it now. You'll just have to believe me... ;)

Anyways, Alex and I took our bowlfuls of pasta out to the balcony, cuz the lightning was moving towards the east, so we had a pretty good view out there. There were quite the few bolts that shot down, which also came with really loud booming thunder, SO cool!!! =D

It's amazing to see so much power and energy being emitted! God is the coolest! :)

I'm gonna head to bed... I gotta be at work for 8 tomorrow morning. Good thing it's right next door ;) Perhaps next time I blog, I'll go through my Projects 2012 and update it for 2013. It's been so long since I've seen it, I don't remember what's there!

Goodnight! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment