Monday, August 30, 2010

Relationship Status Update

Okay, so here goes... I have a girlfriend. Her name is Alisha, we met online and we've been officially together since last Sunday evening. This is a first same-sex relationship for both of us, so we're both still kinda getting used to the change.

She is 21, she goes to CMU taking Psychology. We had a bunch of common interests, but I'm pretty excited about music and photography! =)

This girl is great, I really like her a lot! =) I thought it'd be really hard to tell people, but as it turns out, people respond pretty positively, and the more people I tell the easier it becomes.

So... I told my mom tonight... That was tough... I wanted to tell her yesterday, I stopped by her place after church, but she wasn't home and so I headed home cuz Sherrie was staying with me and she was patiently waiting for me lol... So I called my mom tonight, and we chatted about stuff, then this is how the conversation went:

Me: "So, you know my friend Alisha?"
Mom: "Yeah..."
Me: "..........We're dating....."
Mom: "...Can't say I'm surprised..."
Me: "I wasn't sure if you would've been... I wanted to tell you yesterday, but you weren't home, and I wasn't sure how long you'd be out so I left."
Mom: "*crying* I gotta go... Bye. *click*"

So... it didn't go as well as I'd hoped... I'm more concerned for her, because she was crying. I've only ever heard/seen her cry twice. I hope she has someone she's able to talk to, to let her emotions and thoughts out to, cuz she certainly didn't seem to want to talk to me... Which I can understand, I know she'll need some space to process it...

*1.5 hours later*

So I just had a good phone chat with Brandy, we talked about what's been going on, and it was just good to have someone to talk to. Sherrie had called me too earlier but I was literally unable to speak when she called, and I haven't called her back yet... Probably won't tonight, just cuz it's late... I am looking forward to seeing Alisha in about an hour, I was chatting with her while she was on break at work, and she is coming over for the night tonight just to make sure I'm okay.

As for now, I think I'm going to post this then chill for a bit before Alisha comes over...

1 comment:

  1. Glad you're okay. :)
    I wont be around tonight or tomorrow morning, though. And I won't be around tomorrow either. Or well, I will, but not with my cell, because of the bad service.

    ReplyDelete