Sunday, April 17, 2011

Hurt

I had this really close friend a couple years ago. I hadn't known her for very long, but we grew pretty close during her time in Winnipeg. She has now moved away, and though there was distance, we still maintained our friendship over Facebook.

Except it seemed right around the time when I came out about being bisexual, I was deleted from her friends list. I thought to myself that it might have just been a glitch, cuz that's happened to me before, where friends were randomly deleted off my list without either of us doing it. So I re-added her.

At first it took a looooong time for her to reply, so I thought that maybe she didn't see it, since it was right around when Facebook layouts changed. So I cancelled the request and re-sent it. She accepted.

And then I figure out a few weeks ago that I have again been deleted. So now I'm only making assumptions, but I'm thinking it's because she does not approve of my sexuality. Which I'm totally fine with, I don't expect everyone to be okay with it, as I've said before in previous posts.

But then why would she add me just to delete me again?

Why could she not message me and at least give me some of her thoughts?

Of course, I am only making assumptions... I'm debating sending her a Facebook message, seeing if I can get her to talk to me, to tell me herself why she doesn't want to be my friend anymore, but I don't want to come across as bitter or angry or anything, though I am hurt and I do want to be open and honest.

Thoughts?

*EDIT*

So.... I did message her after all, and it turned out to be a completely different reason all together that she deleted me... So I'm working things out with her, so here goes... =)

No comments:

Post a Comment