Friday, April 1, 2011

Left Behind Series - Sequel "Kingdom Come"

This book is about life during the 1,000-year reign on Earth, before Christ brings a new Heaven and a new Earth, while Lucifer is in the bottomless pit before getting thrown into the lake of fire. Interesting book, to say the least, though I don't have much to say about it except GO READ IT YOURSELF!!! =P

So that's it! That's the end of the series! I am missing just one book (the prequel "The Rapture," which is the third and final prequel), but I have ordered it tonight and it should be here in a few weeks =)

So what's next? Well, I started "Chicken Soup for the Soul: Family Matters," but I went and bought a few books today at Hull's cuz it's their 72-hour sale, and these books were like 80% off! So they've been added to my book list, and I'm starting on "The Voice of Matthew."

The "The Voice" books are basically the books from the Bible, rewritten with added context. It's explained in the preface:

"To help the reader understand how the new rendering of a passage compares to the original manuscripts, several indicators are embedded within the text. Italic type indicates words not directly tied to a dynamic translation of the original language. Material delineated by a screened box or set apart in a box expands on the theme. This portion is not taken directly from the original language. To avoid the endless repetition of simple conjunctives, dialog is formatted as a screenplay. The speaker is indicated, the dialog is indented, and quotation marks are not used. This helps greatly in the public reading of Scripture. Sometimes the original text includes exposition that interrupts the dialog. This is shown either as a stage direction immediately following the speaker's name or as part of the narrative section that immediately precedes the speaker's name. The screenplay format clearly shows who is speaking."

The Voice is translated from original Greek, Hebrew, and Aramaic languages, but written in modern day style, such as The Message (Eugene Peterson). But it's still in Bible form, meaning there's chapters and verses, there's just added stuff and clarifications.

These three were the only ones I could find at Hull's, but I checked out Amazon when I got home and ordered all the rest that I could find (Luke, John, Acts, Romans, and Psalms). I'm very much looking forward to reading these, and will of course post updates as I finish them =)

No comments:

Post a Comment