Thursday, May 13, 2010

Apple Crisp Recipe

Here it is, as promised! It is my mother's recipe, and she got it from someone else, whom I'm pretty sure got it from someone else... Gotta love recipes like that eh? =) Makes 9x9, but easily doubles for 9x13!

3/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup flour
3/4 cup oats
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup melted butter/margarine

Mix all together with a fork until well blended. Press about half the mixture into buttered pan and save the rest for later.

1 cup sugar
2 tbsp cornstarch
1 cup water

Mix sugar and cornstarch in a small pot. Add water and cook on medium heat until thickens.

3-4 apples (I use 3 Gala apples or 4 Macintosh)

Peel, core, and slice apples and spread over pressed crumble mix in pan. Cover apples with thickened cornstarch sauce; top with rest of crumble mix.
Bake at 350F for 1 hour.

So simple! =) I made a 9x13 AND a 9x9 tonight! The 9x9 is for the potluck lunch tomorrow at the daycare, and the 9x13 is for the community BBQ at my mom's tomorrow evening. You can even substitute the apples with any kind of fruit you want! I believe the recipe calls for 3 cups...

I'm off to bed now, I'm at least TRYING to get to bed by 10:30 lately, mornings are just getting too tough... Enjoy your apple crisp! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment