Monday, June 21, 2010

New Theme!

So I decided to change my blog. Lately I've been thinking a lot about rain - hard not to when it's always raining... I struggled with how to title my blog, whether I wanted to base it on storms, or rain, or water in general. As I was thinking about it, I was listening to my music (as usual), and one of my favourite songs came on: "Washed By the Water" by Need to Breathe (I've included a video below). And I thought, "Hey, that's perfect!"

I love rain. I love the sound, the smell, the puddles - yes I'm a puddle jumper =) But I love the symbolism as well. Rain is often used to symbolise troubles ("storms of life"), but it's also very much used as a symbol of being cleansed. And that's what this song talks about: even when the rain falls, even when the flood starts rising, even when the storm comes, I am washed by the water. God knows the storms I've been through... There've been times when I could feel the rain, times when I felt like I was drowning, times when I felt like just giving up... But even through it all, I am cleansed by the water, and with God's help I make it through.

Have a listen to this song, and as you do, think about where you have been in your life. How has God helped you through your storms? Leave me a comment, let's chat! And let me know what you think of the new layout! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment