Friday, October 1, 2010

Day 19

Tonight I am making rotini seafood alfredo, I am sooooo stinkin excited!!!!! =D  The sauce is completely home-made, the recipe is below.  I found some frozen seafood, which has octopus, shrimp, scuttlefish, clams, squid, and mussels.  I'm cooking the seafood separate from the sauce though just in case Alisha wants to try some (she's vegetarian).  I'm a little anxious to try the octopus, simply because I'm thinking too much about the texture of the tentacles... I'm sure it'll be fine though, I love seafood =)

Alfredo Sauce

1/2 cup butter
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 cups milk
6 ounces grated Parmesan cheese
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper

Melt butter in a medium, non-stick saucepan over medium heat. Add cream cheese and garlic powder, stirring with wire whisk until smooth. Add milk, a little at a time, whisking to smooth out lumps. Stir in Parmesan and pepper. Remove from heat when sauce reaches desired consistency. Sauce will thicken rapidly, thin with milk if cooked too long. Toss with hot pasta to serve.

I used marble cheese instead of Parmesan, because that's what I had. I'm just sitting down to eat now, and boy is this sauce full of garlic!!! =D  And the octopus is pretty god! =)  Anyways, here's the picture! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment