Sunday, October 17, 2010

Day 35

So, I'm deciding that I'd still like to post meals and pictures as part of my new direction, but probably not every day.  I would like to post pictures and recipes of new recipes I try though, so today I am posting about pumpkin soup.  I've tried this recipe a couple years ago, but I certainly don't remember it being this good!  I had used shredded pumpkin before, which gave a different texture, and I didn't really care for it.  But this time I used mashed pumpkin, and it's very much enjoyable! =)  I only made a half recipe though, because I didn't think my pot would be big enough lol.  But it gave me enough for my lunches for today and tomorrow, so that's perfect =)

So here's the recipe!

Pumpkin Soup:
2 tbsp. butter
1 small onion, chopped fine
2 tbsp. flour
1 tsp. salt
2 cups of vegetable broth
2 cups of cooked, mashed pumpkin
2 cups of milk
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/8 tsp. thyme

Melt butter in large pot. Add onion and sauté until soft but not brown. Blend in flour and salt. Add broth, pumpkin, milk and spices. Cook, stirring constantly, until slightly thickened.

No comments:

Post a Comment