Saturday, January 1, 2011

Book List 2011

So, I definitely did not complete my book list from last year, but I wasn't reading very often for the last half of the year.  I've decided to try again this year with some new books I've bought in the past few months.  So without further ado, here is my list! =)

1) All Right Now by Timothy J. Geddert
2) The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne
3) The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
4) Chicken Soup for the Soul: Family Matters by Jack Canfield, et al.
5) Emma by Jane Austen
6) Soulpancake by Rainn Wilson
7) Weird Canadian Traditions & Superstitions by Lisa Wojna
8) Life of Pi by Yann Martel
9) The Complete C. S. Lewis Signature Classics by C. S. Lewis
10) Redemption by Karen Kingsbury
11) Purpose for the Pain by Renee Yohe (also check out this and this)
12) The Shack by William Paul Young
13) The Chronicles of Narnia by C. S. Lewis
14) The Left Behind Series by Tim LaHaye and Jerry Jenkins
15) Pulling the Devil's Kingdom Down: The Salvation Army in Victorian Britain by Pamela J. Walker
16) The Voice of Matthew by Lauren F. Winner
17) The Voice of Mark by Greg Garrett
18) The Voice of Hebrews by Greg Garrett and David Capes
19) Love Wins by Rob Bell
20) The Bondage Breaker by Neil T. Anderson
21) Disappointment with God by Philip Yancey
22) Where Is God when it Hurts? by Philip Yancey
23) Jesus by Philip Yancey

There's a couple on there from last year's list, and a couple on there that I've already read but would like to read again.  I'm actually almost finished the Narnian chronicles, though that's one that I've read before, I'm excited to read to the end because I can't remember the exact details of how it ends.

Anywho, keep checking back here to see how far I've gotten!  And I'll be sure to post reviews once I've finished a book.  Happy New Year everyone! =)

5 comments:

  1. Oh Boy. Good luck with Purpose for the Pain. And LOVE the links. :) I already had seen both of those hundreds of times. <3 Not sure if you've heard this but if not, you should. It's Jamie Tworkowski reading/narrating the story that began TWLOHA. It's wonderful.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27rCN-K8H08

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good list!! We brought "Life of Pi" to our friend in Kuwait when we visited because he wanted to read it! I'd never heard of it until then! I've read "Redemption" and it's fantastic! I also plan to read "The Chronicles of Narnia"! :) We'll have to share our thoughts on those!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherrie, I haven't seen that specific video, but the first "this" link has both Jamie and Renee reading the story, and I find it so powerful when Renee reads it because that is HER story.

    Alison, we will definitely have to compare notes on those books! =) I actually just finished Narnia tonight and posted a few minutes ago, though didn't put much of my own thoughts cuz my eyes are feeling pretty strained from the computer screen...

    ReplyDelete
  4. To be honest, I loved the little blip of them reading together the best. That's where I started crying. I wish they had one of them reading the entire thing together.
    I'm going to be doing a presentation about TWLOHA in class next Tues. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's awesome about your presentation! What class is it for? Let me know how it goes! =)

    ReplyDelete