Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Minestrone Soup

I made some minestrone soup tonight, and I'd like to share the recipe with you! =)

First of all, this soup is DELICIOUS!!!!! From the moment I first started cooking it, it smelled amazing! Started with garlic, which is yummy, then the tomatoes and rosemary just got my taste buds all fired up! And now that it's finished, I am LOVING the end result! =D

The recipe is from a Campbell's Organic Vegetarian Vegetable Broth carton, though I did edit it a bit since it called for a can of diced tomatoes and a can of white kidney beans. So, here's my recipe:

Vegetable Minestrone Soup
2 cups dry white kidney beans
6 cups water
2 tbsp olive oil
2 medium zucchini, cut in half lengthwise and thickly sliced
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp dried rosemary leaves, crushed
1 box Campbell's Organic Vegetarian Vegetable Broth
4 tomatoes, diced
1.5 cups uncooked corkscrew pasta

Put beans and water in pot and slowly bring to boil. Boil for 2 minutes. Remove from heat, cover and let soak for 1 hour.

(During that hour, I prepped the other ingredients then watched House online =P)

Heat oil in large pot. Add zucchini, garlic, and rosemary and cook until tender-crisp. Add broth and tomatoes. Heat to a boil. Cover and cook over low heat for 10 minutes. Stir in beans and pasta. Cook for 10 minutes, or until pasta is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment