Sunday, January 30, 2011

Wings Like Eagles

This morning in church we talked about Isaiah 40:27-31

27 Why do you complain, Jacob?
Why do you say, Israel,
“My way is hidden from the LORD;
my cause is disregarded by my God”?
28 Do you not know?
Have you not heard?
The LORD is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
and his understanding no one can fathom.
29 He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.
30 Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;
31 but those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.

We also sang the song "They That Wait Upon the Lord"

They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength
They shall mount up with wings of eagles
They shall run and not be weary
They shall walk and not faint.
Teach me Lord, teach me Lord to wait.


There are many songs that refer to rising on wings like eagles; even this morning we listened to "Everlasting God (Strength Will Rise)" by Chris Tomlin



It made me wonder about how eagles learn to fly, and so I did a bit of research, and I found this website. I'd encourage you to take a look. It is a bit of a long read, but there's some pretty cool info and connection into our own spiritual walks.

No comments:

Post a Comment