Sunday, May 15, 2011

Women's Camp 2011

This weekend was amazing, despite my allergies being super flared up... Headaches, plugged ears, stuffed sinuses, stuffed/runny nose, coughing/sore throat... And my left hip and knee were acting up too... But I made it through, and I was feeling better on Saturday actually...

Anyways, Friday evening and Saturday morning, I missed the sessions because of not feeling well enough to be around the loud music and singing, and sitting in a chair for so long. But we had gotten there on the Friday right when dinner was starting, so we just went straight in. After dinner, instead of going to the session, I unpacked, got my bed ready, then chilled for a bit cuz I got hit with a massive headache. I couldn't even stay up and play cards, I just went to bed.

Saturday morning I set my alarm for as late as I could to still be up for brunch, and I figured if I was awake earlier and in time to go to the session then I'd go, otherwise I figured my body needed some extra sleep. Which it apparently did, cuz I was feeling a bit better. After brunch I went back to my room to rest some more. And stitch haha I did quite a bit of stitching done this weekend, which is awesome cuz I'm almost done this project I've been working on as of late! =)

Then at 2 was the auction, which is always fun lol! I ended up winning a beach set for $24, woohoo!!! =D It includes a towel bag (a towel that folds inside out into a bag), a bamboo mat, a competition size frisbee, and a pair of size 8 sandals.


Side note, does anyone need a pair of size 8 sandals? My feet are size 9.5...

After that was dinner, then a small group of us from Weston went to the prayer room that was set up. I really enjoyed the prayer room, but I didn't have time to visit all the stations. There were four, but we were only there for 45 minutes before the next scheduled thing (which was the Crosseyed Rascals), and I spent most of that time at "God's Garden," which focuses on Genesis 1. I had quite a bit to write in my journal while reflecting on it, which I will post in a different post, cuz this one is already getting long lol...

But yes, the Crosseyed Rascals came out to do a show for us! They were soooooo funny LOL! The best part was when they reenacted Major Winnie's day on Friday. Beautiful nachos anyone??? =D

After that we had some snack (home-made coconut cookies, they were AMAZING!!!!!), then campfire, hurray!!! =D Captain Tiffany and I led the songs, and oh boy was it ever fun! =D

Then of course, once all the scheduled activities were done for the day, we went and played cards. Game of the night: Apples to Apples! =D Geez I love that game!!! First round, I ended up being adorable and cuddly haha then the next round I ended up being a cheesy ancient American... Except I only actually won ancient, the cheesy American was given to me lol!

For those of you who have never played Apples to Apples, that last paragraph probably made no sense... All you need to know is that I won the cards with those words, so "adorable," "cuddly," and "ancient," but I was given "cheesy" and "American."

Anyways, got to bed sometime after 1 am, but had a great time! =D

Sunday morning (today), I got up at 7:30am in order to make it to the cadets' devotions, which was really cool! =) Then we had breakfast, then praise and worship, then the last session, then lunch, then we left!

One of the highlights for me, as always, is having a secret sister. This is a tradition in our WWW group (Wild Wild Weston, haha!), secret sisters are planned out, put together by Trish and Bernie. I was given Liz, and it was great to be given that chance to pray for her all weekend and to make her a card, even though I'm really not that creative in that way... But it was fun =) My secret sister ended up being Sylvia, which is really funny because I was going on and on about how excited I was over my gifts from my secret sister, and I really should have been able to figure it out that it was her by the looks and smirks she was giving me, but I do like to be surprised, and so I try not to guess and figure it out.

Anyways, I had received three things from my secret sister. Friday I got a bookmark and an Aero bar tied on with ribbon:

Saturday I got a card with a Peppermint Aero bar:

Then this morning I got a card and a stone:

My secret sister knows me so well =) Aero is my favourite chocolate bar, and the peppermint only makes it that much better! And I have a rock collection! =)

So that was pretty much my weekend. I took quite a few nature pictures too, I'll share a few here to finish the post. Enjoy! =)

Here's a video we watched at our last session, take a few minutes to watch it.

1 comment:

  1. This is so awesome! I LOVE the Secret Sister thing! My first year at Booth, in residence, we had Secret Prayer Pals, and I loved it so much. It was wonderful to go to my room and see a flower there with a little note saying "have a good day". Just to know that you're on someones mind. And I LOVED having somebody that I could think about and do little things for. It's fun. But unfortunately, as time goes on, we don't have "prayer pals" or anything anymore. :( I am hoping that my church will have something like that, though. :) PS: BEAUTIFUL scenery pictures!

    ReplyDelete