Friday, February 4, 2011

Left Behind Series - #4 Soul Harvest

Only one thing really touched me in this book...

After the earthquake foretold in Revelation 6:12, the Buck and Tsion found the house of a fellow believer that was relatively unscathed. Inside, they found the wife of the guy who supplied them with the latest computer and phone technology dead, crushed by a tree that fell through the house and landed on top of her. After getting her out, they buried her and Tsion - not knowing her at all - didn`t say a eulogy, but rather sung a verse of "My Jesus I Love Thee":

I will love Thee in life, I will love Thee in death,
And praise Thee as long as Thou lendest me breath;
And say, when the death-dew lies cold on my brow;
If ever I loved Thee, my Jesus, 'tis now.

Buck had sobbed loudly at this hymn, and I even found myself tearing up at the beauty of the hymn itself, used in such a solemn occasion. This is one of my favourite hymns, my favourite version sung by Avalon.



That's all for this book. There are a couple things I've marked already in the next book, which I'm almost finished already, so stay tuned! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment