Saturday, February 5, 2011

Left Behind Series - #5 Apollyon

A couple things in this book...

When Tsion was leading a mass gathering of witnesses in Jerusalem, he reads from Revelation 7:

"John was asked by one of the elders at the throne, 'Who are these arrayed in white robes, and where did they come from' And John said, 'Sir, you know.' And the elder said, 'These are the ones who come out of the great tribulation, and washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. They shall neither hunger anymore nor thirst anymore.' The Lamb himself shall feed them and lead them to fountains of living water. And, best of all, my dear family, God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes."

I don't know about you, but I am looking forward to that day when God will wipe away my tears. He knows what I've been through, He knows how many tears I've cried. It comforts me to know that He knows my pain, He hurts with me, and He is there with me through it all. And the day is coming when I will be right there with Him and I'll have no more reason to cry.



Next, and lastly:
Revelation 8:13 happened: everybody on earth heard, "Woe, woe, woe to the inhabitants of the earth, because of the remaining blasts of the trumpet of the three angels who are about to sound!" The story goes back to Buck's storyline, and the narrative says, "How could he [Chaim, a nonbeliever], or anyone, doubt the existence of God now? This was no longer about ignorance. It was about choice."

It has gotten to a point in the story where people can no longer doubt the existence of God. Now it is about choice: whether they accept His mercy and believe in Christ as Saviour, or they reject him and align themselves with the Antichrist and lose their soul forever. There is still hope as of yet for nonbelievers, still time for them to accept Christ, but time is running short. Not accepting him would be a deliberate refusal. Kinda scary...

No comments:

Post a Comment