Sunday, June 19, 2011

Potato Casserole

So.... I had a bunch of potatoes, and some green onions that needed to be used up, so when I was going through a bunch of recipes on my table from the Metro that I'd like to try, I found one that I actually pulled from the Winnipeg Sun that uses potatoes and onions, hurray! =D It does actually call for an onion, but I used green onions, and then I added turkey bacon bits cuz I had some of those in the fridge too... And of course, I left the skins on the potatoes, cuz that's the best part! =D

Potato Casserole
2 cups potatoes, cooked and mashed
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 onion, chopped
2 eggs, beaten
1 tbsp flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
(does anyone really measure salt and pepper? lol...)

Combine mashed potatoes, cream cheese, onions, eggs, flour, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Use an electric mixer to beat 2-3 minutes at medium speed. Pour into greased casserole dish. Bake in preheated 300F (150C) oven, uncovered for 30-35 minutes.
Serves 2.

Of course, I licked the beaters and the bowl, and now after tasting it after being baked, I almost like the way it tasted beforehand... Although it's still delicious!!! =D

No comments:

Post a Comment