Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Citrus Asparagus Salad

This is another recipe from Yum In My Tum, seriously some great recipes on that site! This was super yummy freshly made!!! =D Though not so good the next day; still alright, just...not fresh lol. So this recipe is approved, though not for leftovers.

Asparagus Citrus Salad
1 bunch fresh asparagus spears, ends trimmed
2 tbsp EVOO (I didn't use this much though...)
S&P
Parmesan cheese
4 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 ts phoney
Zest of half a lemon
3/4 tsp Dijon mustard (I just used yellow)
EVOO
S&P
1 blood orange, peeled and segmented
1 orange, peeled and segmented
(I just used 3 mandarines, cuz I'm not a big fan of other oranges)

Preheat oven to 350F. Drizzle asparagus with EVOO and season with S&P. Place asparagus on a foil-lined baking sheet (for easy cleanup), and cook in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until bright green and tender-crisp.

Meanwhile, combine vinegar, honey, lemon zest, and mustard in a bowl and slowly whisk in EVOO until desired consistency is reached (I used 1/4 cup but found it was too much). Season with S&P to taste.

Plate asparagus and drizzle liberally with a few tablespoons of the vinaigrette. Top with orange segments and drizzle with remaining vinaigrette to taste. Garnish with thin ribbons of Parmesan cheese (I did not, cuz I didn't have any, surprisingly!).

No comments:

Post a Comment