Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Meal Planning!

Here's this week's plan:

Monday:
-Cheerios
-Leftovers for lunch and dinner

Tuesday:
-Cheerios
-Spaghetti and home-made sauce

Wednesday:
-Life
-Pizza Pops

Thursday:
-Life
-eat @ work

Friday:
-Cheerios
-eat @ work

Saturday:
-waffles or pancakes
-eat @ work

Sunday:
-Cheerios
-roasted vegetable lasagna from Superstore (SOOOOO yummy, looking forward to it! =D)

Today I made the spaghetti and sauce. Stopped at Safeway on the way home from the daycare to get some canned diced tomatoes (they ended up being on sale, 2/$4 for the bigger cans woohoo!) and mushrooms. The way I cooked it was I put one can in a frying pan and heated it while I cut up my veggies... I had red yellow and green peppers (about half of each), half a red onion, and the mushrooms I bought, cuz those just HAVE to be fresh - not canned - when they're going into a home-made sauce!!! =D And I put some Mrs. Dash and some of Christina's Garlic Plus stuff she has (she was home and let me have some, thanks!!!) And of course, as I was making the sauce, I had the spaghetti cooking too...

Oh my word, I LOVE making home-made spaghetti sauce!!! I love having tomato chunks and fresh veggies, rather than just the jarred sauce... I'd even rather have spaghetti with some butter and spices rather than jarred sauce... But home-made, oh my gosh!!! And it was so colourful, which just adds to it! =) I was chatting with Christina tonight too about eating healthy, and we both agree that when we actually have enough time to cook healthy meals like this, we can make it how ever we want, and it makes it fun! Yes, cooking can be fun! Haha but this is coming from a girl who LOVES cooking! ...when she has the time... =P

So anyways, here's a picture of my dinner from tonight, thought I'd share it with you all! Go ahead, try it yourself this week!!! =)



No comments:

Post a Comment