Friday, January 1, 2010

Discipline Is an Art?

I ususally don't make New Year's resolutions, mainly because I usually fail within the first week and give up lol... But this year, I've decided that I need to be more disciplined in many areas of my life, and what a better time to start than the new year... So here's my thoughts:

First and foremost, I need to be more disciplined in my devotional time. Up til now, my devotional time hasn't really existed, and I wanna change that... I have so many devotional books, some are 40 days, some are a year... I don't wanna do them all at once lol that'd be crazy and a sure way to fail... But I have "The Message//Remix: Solo", which is a year long devotional study using the Message version of the Bible, I'm pretty psyched about this one!

Secondly, I want to be more disciplined in my eating habits. I've been eating a LOT of junk food lately, and not very many fruits and veggies... For example, for breakfast every morning I always have a sugary cereal; every shift I work at Smitty's I have a box of Smarties and an energy drink; I munch munch munch when I'm at home... I have gained some weight, not very much, but if I keep eating like this it will end up being a lot...

Thirdly, to go along with the healthier eating, I want to be more active... When I'm not working, I'm usually at home lounging on the futon playing on my laptop (munching). That's another factor in my weight gain lol... If I was more of a morning person, I'd be out at like 8am to take a jog around the block... Buuuuuut I'm definitely not a morning person... And it's winter... And if I'm already making excuses before even starting on my resolutions, then I've already failed... Sigh... But I've decided that I can just do fitness stuff at home! I've thought about setting aside at least half an hour every day to do some crunches (to help get rid of some of that weight around my belly =P), push-ups (cuz I don't have a lot of upper body strength...), some yoga (cuz I LOVE yoga! =D), etc... I definitely miss the Wii Fit... =(

I read somewhere that it takes at least 6 weeks to break a habit... So I know I'm not gonna succeed every single day, I know that... And just knowing that will make it less disappointing (and wanting to just give up...) when I do fail... But that doesn't mean I won't still give it my all!!! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment