Sunday, January 10, 2010

Resolutions So Far...

Okay, so I've failed pretty hard at some of my resolutions lol... But I've done really well with others, so that's good!

First of all, spiritual discipline... I was doing fairly well the first few days, but then Wednesday and Thursday were late nights, and so I skipped those days, and then never went back... So I really need to get caught up on that... I've been tithing too, I've decided that! Except I may only tithe every second week, because that's when I get paid... And I do want to tithe 10% of my income, so when I stop at the bank to deposit my Smitty's cheque every other week, then I can take out 10% of that, PLUS the 10% from my daycare money, which is automatically deposited...

Secondly, healthy eating... Not so well done... In fact, when I went grocery shopping this week, I bought a big bag of Cadbry Mini Eggs...... =/ Although I also bought plenty of fruits and veggies and granola/yogurt bars for lunches! Tomorrow I'm gonna bring clam chowder (mmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!), a granola bar, and an apple. And of course, my water bottle! =) I've been drinking a LOT of water lately, mainly because it is QUITE dry in the daycare, but the fact that I'm actually remembering to drink my water is progress, because usually I just don't lol...

I've been more intentional with what I make for dinners too! Last week, I actually took a picture of my supper, cuz it looked so yummy!!! I'll post it up with this blog entry! It was stuffed chicken breast (broccoli and cheese, yummo!), edamame, and whole wheat couscous with cajun spice! Breakfasts have been a bit better too! I bought mostly healthy cereals LOL regular Cheerios, Life, Kashi "Honey, Almond, and Flax Flavoured" cereal (oh my gosh definitely the best healthy cereal ever, but a bit expensive!), but I couldn't pass up on another box of Lucky Charms... Those are my ultimate favourite cereal, so I'll have to work on cutting that out totally... =)

I've been thinking of planning out my meals like my friend Alison does... Not to save on food costs, but to actually map out my meals rather than snacking all day... I think after I post this, I will do that........ =)

No comments:

Post a Comment