Friday, May 8, 2009

I Can Blog About This Now...

Now that it's done, I can talk about it... This morning I broke up with my boyfriend of 2 and a half months. Not that I really wanted to, because he was the most amazing guy ever. He was a gentleman, very kind, and we like much of the same things and have pretty much the same sense of humour, so we get each others jokes.

But he's not Christian. This wasn't a problem for me at first because I had strayed away from God so that wasn't a priority for me then. But these past couple weeks I've been getting back on track, trying to get closer with God again. And I really wanted to talk with him about it, about what I was going through, and I couldn't. He did grow up in a Christian home, but he does not have Christ in his heart so I found that it was hard to talk about spiritual matters with him, knowing that he doesn't have that same connection with God and therefore wouldn't really understand. And this kinds bothered me...

Not that I'm blaming him or anything... But I knew that in the future, this would become an even bigger problem for me, for us, so I knew that I had to end this sooner rather than later... Though I have been carrying this around with me for the past couple weeks, and I know I should've done this sooner than I did, and for that I am sorry.

I felt like crap having to do it, because it was my own fault for getting into this... I actually had a few Christian friends warn me that this could happen, and it did. After he left my house I curled up in the chair and cried my eyes out... Then I got up and did some laundry cuz I had to wash my dress for the ice cream social at night... Then I was talking to Ruth on MSN, and told her what happened, and she invited me over for supper, which was good =) we didn't really talk about it too much, which I'm thankful for cuz I prolly would've cried some more... We were being entertained by her 15-month-old lol he was being so cute =)

I have no regrets other than waiting so long... This was the best relationship I've been in and I enjoyed every moment of it =) we do still wanna be friends, and I really think we can be. I know that it doesn't always work, but I think that once we get past the initial awkwardness, we'll be okay =)

That's all I have for now... Please keep both of us in your prayers =)

No comments:

Post a Comment