Sunday, September 26, 2010

Day 13

I missed posting yesterday, so I will post it now, then post about the rest of today later. Sound good? Good.

So, yesterday was my birfday, yay!!!  Alisha had lots planned for me, and it was a really great day, I super enjoyed it!  As for eating, I didn't do so well in staying healthy...  But being my birthday, I "treated" myself, though I know that in the long run it's actually bad...

For breakfast I tried making blueberry waffles using Alison's recipe (I'll post it at the botttom), but my waffle iron hates me and so that didn't work out... So I pulled out the frying pan and just used the waffle batter to make pancakes =)  They were really good, I was impressed! =D

After breakfast we headed to Vertical Adventures to do some wall climbing!  Sooooo much fun, though I am pretty sore this morning... There wasn't too much we could do by ourselves, just bouldering across and using the self-belaying devices, which there were only 6 of and there were a couple other groups there so we had to wait for those...

We then headed back to my place for lunch. I made us some fried egg sandwiches, and *GASP* I used processed cheese slices..... I just couldn't resist, I LOVE the way the cheese gets all gooey and delicious!  And it was my birfday... *excuses excuses* terrible...

After lunch we walked to downtown to Starbucks so I could get my free drink for my birthday, I was mailed a coupon from there, it was great!  Obviously, the pumpkin spice latte was my drink of choice! =D  From there we walked to the Forks, taking PLENTY of pictures along the way! They will be posted on Facebook sometime today I hope.

For dinner Alisha had made reservations at the Old Spaghetti Factory at the Forks, so that was awesome! =)  I had a tossed salad with no dressing as an appetiser, tortellini pomodoro, and Spumoni for dessert, SOOOOOOO good!!!!! =D  I had water to drink, and I found myself to be very thirsty and downed the water pretty fast.

All in all, I did get a lot of exercise in yesterday, though didn't have the healthiest meals...  I did make some effort though, breakfast was healthy, and I chose a salad at dinner without dressing =)

Healthy Waffles

1 1/2 cup milk
2 Tbsp oil (olive or coconut, or melted butter)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 Tbsp raw honey or maple syrup
1 1/2 cups whole grain (rolled oats, quinoa, brown rice, etc.)
2 eggs
2 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. salt

Mix it all together, and cook in waffle iron.  So simple! =)  I used rolled oats as my whole grain, and was a little wary about it, but it turned out really great!  The batter was pretty watery, but I guess the oats needed it for them to cook, cuz the pancakes turned out great! =)

I didn't get any meal pictures, but I'll share a picture of Alisha and I, aren't we cute? =)


No comments:

Post a Comment