Friday, July 25, 2014

Day 10

Today was a looooong day, but sooooo great!!! :D

I ended up sleeping in this morning; I woke up 8 minutes before I had to be at the bus stop to catch a bus into Edmonton to catch the Greyhound to Red Deer. I made it though! I got to the bus stop just as the bus was turning the corner, hooray! :D

So, made it to downtown Edmonton, made it onto the Greyhound bus, made it to Red Deer! And here I am! :D

Oh my gosh, it was soooo great to see the Scotts again! :D Ian and Ayren picked me up at the bus depot – after a bit of a mix-up of timing LOL! But all was well :) And Ayren had some leftover chocolate chip pancakes for me to chow down on, yay! :D

So, they picked me up, we stopped by the office where Deanna was working so we could say hi.

For those of you who don’t know Deanna, she gives the most amazing hugs I’ve ever experienced. Seriously. The way she just wraps you up in her arms and holds you tight… There is so much love radiating from her, what a God-gift she is! :)

She had to get back to work, so the three of us headed to the house. Duncan came up to say hi, I found Joshua downstairs and said hi lol then I settled into a chair upstairs to start reading “The Fault In Our Stars” by John Green.

That book needs its own blog post. And it has it.

So, started reading, got about a quarter of the way through by the time Deanna got home. Then Ian, Deanna, Duncan, Ayren, and I headed out to do some geocaching at Bower Pond! Yet another family I’ve introduced to this! :D

We found a few there, then headed back to the house for dinner: burgers, yum! :D

After dinner, I read a bit more (hnnng!), then Deanna, Ayren, and I headed out to do some more geocaching around the neighbourhood. We ended up finding three caches, all part of a Skylanders series that The Hay Team has set up. Really cool actually! :)

Then back to the house for ice cream, yay! :D We also played a game of Apples to Apples – love that game! And what a game it was! So fun! :D Ian was the winner, Ayren came in second. I ended up the cards Insane, Awkward, and something else that I can’t remember. Much fun was had! :)

Then Ayren headed to bed, the rest of the Scotts headed downstairs to finish watching The Hobbit (they started it last night), and I stayed upstairs and finished my book.

Finished it at about 1am. Totally wrecked. What an amazingly beautiful book.

So now I’m downstairs in my (Duncan’s) room – thanks Duncan! :) Just writing this blog, then gonna attempt to sleep. Still trying to sort out my brain though lol so we’ll see how that goes…. ;)

Tomorrow I am planning to sleep in (yay!), Deanna is only working a half day, and the rest of the crew is home all day. I don’t think there’s much planned for the afternoon – though I am hoping to find some more caches – but I do know that somewhere in there tomorrow we’re gonna go to Kerry Wood Nature Centre. And the girls seem to be pretty hooked on geocaching, so they’ve already asked about finding any there lol I’m excited! :)

Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment