Sunday, July 20, 2014

Day 5

Today was really great! :D

Had a bit of a lazy start to the day. I didn't get out of bed until 10:30. But then I had the house to myself, so I made pancakes! Whole wheat flour, baking powder, an egg, milk, EVOO and almond oil, honey, raisins, hemp hearts, and banana. Grilled in oil, topped with banana and avocado. Pa-dahhh! :D













I caught up on 9gag on my computer while eating breakfast. I was going to go geocaching, but my weather app was telling me that it was cold out, so I stayed in for a bit.

Worship team practice was at High Point at 1pm, and since Ruth had invited me to join in for Sunday, I headed down. It was fun! :) On the way back, I spotted some blackberry bushes along the path. Good thing I hadn't spotted them on my way to the church, otherwise I may not have even made it lol! Seriously, these are the sweetest, juiciest berries ever, MMMM!!!





















Worship team practice went a little longer than expected, so we didn't end up making it to that bike tour thing. Which was fine, we hung out at the house. I pulled out my colouring stuff and finished the picture I had started on the way here.

Then dinner was ready, Ruth made salmon, roasted veggies, and cauliflower stuff that was supposed to resemble rice. It was soooooo good!!! :D

After dinner, the kids and I coloured some more before heading out to Butchart Gardens.

To my Winnipeg friends: for those of you who have visited the English Garden at Assiniboine Park is beautiful, it is boring compared to Butchart Gardens. Oh my gosh, the flowers here are soooo gorgeous!!! :D

There's the Sunken Garden...













Fountains...













And of course, gorgeous flowers! :)





















I even managed to find a virtual cache! :D





















Then, of course, there were the fireworks! Apparently their fireworks are world renown. And I believe it! These were AMAZING!!! :D It was like a story going on, and they were set and timed to music. SUPER cool!!!













But alas, all great days must come to an end. I'm actually pretty glad, cuz I'm WIPED by the end of the day LOL! Tomorrow is Sunday, so church at High Point. Super excited to see my friend LA, and meet her fiance! Then if all works out, we are going for lunch. Perhaps I'll suggest Spiral Cafe so I can sample their carrot cake (Alison suggested it!) Until then, goodnight! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment